Thursday, January 11, 2007

the good the bad and the plain silly

well...the good! I was at White Stone (on tuesday) and there was hardly anyone there so it was suggested that I go to the prayer shed. So I did :) one of the things I prayed for was to be able to get through to my parents.
When I got back to my house I was talking ot my mum about some things that were happening at the JA in the first few months...and we eventually got round to I am now allowed to be at White Stone every weekend!! How great is that!!! :)
Now for the bad...
erm...can't really think of anything...I work at Tesco? It's insanely boring and the till's are broken. I had to listen to 1 beeping away for 3 and a half hours cuz it didn't work properly...it got a bit annoying...but nevermind...
and the plain silly. Well, I got a letter a few days ago from the amazing and worderful!!.....wait for it....Electoral Register (now there's false hope). Oh yes, the joy that filled my mind at that moment was erm...indescribable! I opened it up...the first word was "CONGRATULATIONS". I read on. "You just got a free piece of white paper with useless pap on!"
ok it actually said (I use the word "pap" for a reason :) ) "you may be eligible to vote for the first time at the next Local Election."
Now to me this isn't really something to celebrate. If it had said "CONGRATULATIONS Jesus died for you and you can go to heaven!" Then I would have been slightly more excited...but alas... just another form to fill in...Oh well

2 Comments:

Blogger s0upy said...

Good, great, and good-ish.

Yes, I hereby coin the phrase "Goodish" and use it for the first time in order to declare that it is goodish that you can now vote. Good in the sense that you can now have a positive influence on your country, but definitely 'ish' in the sense that it's pretty pointless next to the fact that Jesus died for us.

But hang on, doesn't that make everything that is good instantly goodish? Mmm. Got myself into a logical difficulty here, but that's not gonna stop me using the word 'goodish'. So watch out!

Well, that's the end of my inane, pythonesque break. Now back to work...

10:27 am  
Blogger Adrian said...

Stu, you have way too much time on your hands :-)

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home